Raising Self Esteem
What is Self Esteem?
Self esteem is how you feel about yourself. This is how you identify yourself, the positives, the negatives, beliefs, abilities and expectations.
- Stop the negative thoughts - Think as positively as you can. It will be hard but as soon as you clear the negative you'll feel a 100% better. Positives always outweigh the negatives even if they are unclear to you. To help with this you could create a positive thought jar.
- Think of mistakes as things to improve on - Mistakes are done to show that you are imperfect. Perfection can not be achieved. Learn from mistakes and take them as positives rather than a negative, embarrassing mess up.
- Recognise.your insecurities - Recognising your insecurities is the first step to self improvement. Being able to see flaws will help you learn to love yourself. This obviously won't be productive all by yourself. Talk to a friend, parent, tutor/head of year about physical/emotional issues. Letting it off your chest will make you feel a lot better.
- Perfectionism - Don't hold back from opportunities because of flaws. Don't set targets/aims to achieve before pursuing.
- Take pride in yourself - Voice your beliefs. It's okay if people don't agree with what you believe. Don't don't this as a knock-down.