RANT // What blogging is about
I blog because I love it! I love writing posts about what I like and my daily life so later on in life I can reflect on my achievements. Blogging isn't about being 'out there' for PR companies that I willing to send you things. Yes, that is a blogging perk but you shouldn't fixate on the idea of 'freebies'. In order to have active and successful blog readers interaction is key. Bloggers shouldn't have an inflated ego and feel that they don't need to reply to comments. A odd reply is lovely for your readers. The smaller the blogs I see the more of a community and as you see blogs progress and grow, the 'bloggers ego' kicks in. There comes a point that there is nothing fun and enjoyable to read on a blog that you once loved because they took it a step too far. A blog should reflect you and your interests not someone else. My blog is pretty much about self experience and I like to write original posts but you would imagine how much plagiarism I've seen since starting my blog. I see people write posts with the same content as a more high-profile blogger like Zoella. People shouldn't blog in hope of making business from it as soon as it is created. Enjoyment should then develop it into a business if you are sure that you want it to go that far. What annoys me about bloggers is the spammy comments they leave on another blog. Don't just copy and paste the same comment on 356523676 blogs because you want followers. At least add some personalisation. I'm partial to a little self promo but I don't leave comment such as 'Great post. Follow me for the best posts you'll ever see!xo Molly Louise Blogs'. That shows how self obsessed you are. The 'great post' is really irrelevant and can be said about every other blog on the internet. It feels like a massive kick in the teeth when you've put lots of time and effort into your post. I go overboard on compliments when I visit a blog, I'll be like 'Wow, you look absolutely mind blowingly beautiful, I love your outfit! Great post!:)xo Molly Louise Blogs'. I think people love comments like that because it makes their day.
How to be a good blogger
- Fish out the compliments - Be overally nice and give out compliments to your favourite blogs. It's encouraging and can make the biggest difference to someone's day especially if they're feeling low.
- Reply to your comments - It's important to be social and interact with your bloggers. This will help you deliver posts which your readers will enjoy. There's no point in blogging about something which isn't of interest.
- Find the writing style which suits you - Informal is important to me. I love to write posts the way I would speak it. I do love my fancy long words but I feel that's too formal for my blog.
- Reflect personality - Write the way you are in real life. Don't be like someone else and copy their style. Don't be act too professional.
- Do it because you love it.