DIY: Yummy Pasta Bake
- 3 heaped desert spoons of plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 600ml milk
- 4 table spoons of butter
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 100g pasta of your choice
- Sweetcorn (optional)
- Mixed herbs
- Ground pepper
- 25ml water
How to make
- Cook the pasta, follow the packs instructions.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the egg into a bowl and pour in the melted butter.
- Gradually sprinkle the flour into the butter and egg mix.
- Whisk at a medium speed until a light liquid.
- Cook the sauce on the hob at a medium temperature.
- Add sweetcorn (optional) to the sauce, pepper and herbs also to create flavour.
- Add 25g of cheese to the sauces.
- Stir the sauce until the texture is thick.
- Once the pasta has cooked pour into an ovenproof container and add 25mls of water to ensure the pasta is cooked.
- Evenly distribute the sauce over the pasta. Make sure that it is fully covered.
- Coat the sauce with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at gas mark 6 for 40 minutes until the sauce is a golden brown.
Best served with a green salad consisting of lettuce and cucumber.