Reality of being sixteen
Recently turning 17 I have reflected on my days as a sixteen year old.
- You don't have to be grown up, you're still a child. Have fun and don't waste the good times away.
- Sixteenth birthdays aren't that special. It's over-hyped and the reality is we cannot simply afford luxurious parties.
- Don't be a brand snob - Forget the labels and by affordable stuff. Everyday value and pound shops can be your best friend. Make the most of a limited amount of money. It's a life lesson.
- Being 16 is an eye-opener. You learn lots about the people you are surrounded by, some are good whilst meanwhile some are not.
- Exams aren't that important. Don't bust a gut revising for exams take it slow and don't stress out.
- You will have bad days but don't dwell on them. Take bad experience and make it benefit you.
- Looking perfect doesn't have to be your priority. Going out without make-up or having your hair styled to perfection is the least of anyone's problems. If you feel like a potato, remember to be kawaii.